Posted on March 22 2016
Welcome to the Mothers Love Fashion blog. I still can’t quite believe that it has finally happened, that I have started my own business and Mothers Love Fashion is Live! I can’t quite believe that my breastfeeding dresses and jumpsuits are actual products in ‘real life’ (not just in my imagination) and here they are, online for people to buy after almost a year of dreaming and planning.
You can read the ‘about us’ page to learn more about what inspired me to start this venture, and you can browse the shop for yourself to take a look at our clothes.
But for now, I want to let you know a bit about me, and a bit about what to expect (or not to expect) from this blog.
- I AM a 31 year old first time mum to a 13 month old girl; She’s an amazing, crazy, funny, demanding yet independent, pretty little monkey who has turned my life upside down and inside out (there will be more blog posts to come on that)
- I AM NOT a fashion blogger / fashionista / style guru or anything like that… there are so many AMAZING women (mums in particular) on the internet doing this very well already so I'll leave it to those experts. I am just a young(ish) mummy who wants to share my experiences and ideas about choosing breastfeeding friendly clothing that look like the 'normal' clothes a non-pregnant, non-frumpy woman would wear!
- I AM a breastfeeding mum (obviously – hence the idea to design clothes that allow me to get my boobs out whenever the need arises). I’m still doing it (yes… ‘still’) and enjoying it (and more to the point so is my toddler) after 14 months. Who would have thought it? Certainly not me before having a baby. I have surprised myself and I am proud of that.
- I AM NOT a parenting blogger or expert. God no. I am winging it every day (who isn’t?), learning as I go, finding what works for me and making mistakes. I’ll write about my experiences, but I certainly don’t have the authority to give advice. Having said that, sharing is caring so you might find comfort in reading about and relating to some of the highs and lows of my parenting experience to date!
- I AM a working mum. And I don’t just mean this new role as a ‘mumpreneur’. I have an actual day job that I returned to in Jan after a year of maternity leave. I’m facing all the usual challenges; The guilt, the lack in confidence that I am actally doing the job properly, the mad dash across town to make the nursery pick up times, the struggle to look half decent and choose a sensible and stylish outfit and do my hair when I have been up half the night with a teething tot. Yes that! Can us women ‘have it all’? Not sure. Watch this space to see if I can hack it!
- I AM NOT very domesticated. I can’t keep up with the housework. Especially the washing. Oh that bloody washing! My husband cooks the dinner most nights, and at the end of the day I am so exhausted all I want to do is have an early night. I’ll be working on improving that, and probably writing about the state of my messy house that is driving me mad yet I don’t have the time or headspace to sort out…
- I AM a Mummy, a Wife, a Friend who’s just trying to make life work for my family and myself. Who’s trying to help other mums with better choices of breastfeeding friendly outfits.
Take a look at the shop, follow us on social media, keep up to date with my blog.
I hope Mothers Love Fashion is the start of something big! Join me along the way.